Veganuary Recipe 1 – On the Go Breakfast Bars
If you’re like me and land up eating on the go or in the car these bars are perfect for you. Made with delicious nutritious ingredients to keep you going all day. And all these ingredients are found in our market.
· 3 cups oats
· 2 cups slivered almonds
· ¼ cup coconut oil
· 1 cup almond butter
· ½ cup vegan honnee
· 1 tsp salt
· 1 cup dates soaked
· 500 g tropical mix
· Toast oats and almonds on 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
· Blend the dates with 2-4 tbsp water until they form a paste.
· Over a medium heat in a small pot, combine coconut oil, almond butter, vegan honnee and salt until well combined.
· In a bowl, combine toasted almonds, oats, almond butter mixture and tropical mix.
· Transfer the full mixture (or half of the mixture if you are making granola) onto a baking tray. You will need to use a spatula to spread the mixture evenly and push it down as well. A top tip – lay a piece of parchment paper on top of the mixture and use a glass to press it down firmly, this will pack the mixture tightly in place.
· Place in the freezer to set. Cut into even squares or bars and keep in fridge, to keep the bars fresh.
· To make granola, set your oven to 180 degrees and crumble mix onto a non-stick pan. Bake for 15-20 min.
· Let granola cool and transfer to a sealed jar or container.